Hindu Married Women Right
Hindu married women are entitled to separate residence and maintenance from her husband on one or more of the following grounds.
1. If he is suffering from any loathsome disease not contracted from her
2. If he is guilty of such cruelty towards her as renders it unsafe or undesirable for her to live with him.
3. If he is guilty of desertion that is to say of abandoning her without her consent or against her wish.
4. If he marries again.
5. If he ceases to be a Hindu by conversion or habitually resides with a concubine.
6. For any other justifiable cause.
Hindu women is not entitled to separate residence and maintenance from her husband if she is unchaste or ceases to be a Hindu by change to another religion or fails without sufficient cause to comply with decree of a competent court for the restitution of conjugal rights.
[bsg_button type=”four” size=”sm” block=”no” disabled=”no” link=”http://iqballawservices.com/family-articles/” target=”” tooltip_enabled=”no”]Back to Family Articles[/bsg_button]