Page 1 of 1

Hindu Restoration of Conjugal Rights

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:51 am
by Admin
Hindu Restitution of conjugal rights.
Under section 8 of Hindu Marriage Act 2017
When either a husband or a wife has, without reasonable excuse, withdrawn from the society of the other, the aggrieved party may, by a petition to the Court, apply for restitution of conjugal rights and the Court, on being satisfied of truth of statements made in such petition and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights:---
Explanation—Where a question arises whether there has been reasonable excuse for withdrawal from the society, the burden of proving reasonable excuse shall be on the person who has withdrawn from the society.