When Decree is Reversed

In this Forum we will discuss the christian personal law and christian family law related articles, discussion and laws, rulings and much more.About the marriage, divorce, heirship and legal matters.

When Decree is Reversed

Unread postby Admin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:19 pm

When Decree is Reversed

Decrees of separation obtained during absence‑of husband or wife may be reversed.

Any husband or wife, upon the application of whose wife or husband, as the case may be, a decree of judicial separation has been pronounced, may, at any time thereafter, present a petition to the Court by which the decree was pronounced, praying for a reversal of such decree, on the ground that it was obtained in his or her absence, and that there was reasonable excuse for the alleged desertion, where desertion was the ground of such decree.

The Court may, on being satisfied of the truth of the allegations of such petition, reverse the decree accordingly; but such reversal shall not prejudice or affect the rights or remedies which any other person would have had, in case it had not been decreed, in respect of any debts, contracts or acts of the wife incurred, entered into or done between the times of the sentence of separation and of the reversal thereof.
Iqbal International Law Services®
Phone: 0333-2171556
Site Admin
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: Karachi, Pakistan

Return to Christian Family Law

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest