Ground of Decree of Nullity

In this Forum we will discuss the christian personal law and christian family law related articles, discussion and laws, rulings and much more.About the marriage, divorce, heirship and legal matters.

Ground of Decree of Nullity

Unread postby Admin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:06 pm

Petition for decree of nullity.
Any husband or wife may present a petition to the District Court or to the High Court, praying that his or her marriage may be declared null and void.

Grounds of decree.
Such decree may be made on any of the following grounds :‑

(1) that the respondent was impotent at the time of the marriage and at the time of the institution of the suit ;

(2) that the parties are within the prohibited degrees of consanguinity (whether natural or legal) or affinity ;

(3) that either party was a lunatic or idoit at the time of the marriage ;

(4) that the former husband or wife of either party was living at the time of the marriage, and the marriage with such former husband or wife was then in force.
Iqbal International Law Services®
Phone: 0333-2171556
Site Admin
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: Karachi, Pakistan

Return to Christian Family Law

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest