What Kind of Property can be Transferred

This is property Law Forum where all matters are discussed about the property and related issues. Transfer of property, Lease, sub-Lease, tenancy, agreements, Sale deeds, Transfer Deed, Relinquishment Deed and much more...

What Kind of Property can be Transferred

Unread postby Admin » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:47 am

What may be transferred.
Under section 6 of the Transfer of Property Act says that Property of any kind may be transferred, except as otherwise provided by this Act or by any other law for the time being in force:- (a) The chance of an heir-apparent succeeding to an estate, the chance of a relation obtaining a legacy on the death of a kinsman, or any other mere possibility of a like nature, cannot be transferred. (b) A mere right of re-entry for breach of a condition subsequent cannot be transferred to any one except the owner of the property affected thereby. (c) An easement cannot be transferred apart from the dominant heritage. (d) An interest in property restricted in its enjoyment to the owner personally cannot be transferred by him. (dd) A right to future maintenance, in whatsoever manner arising, secured or determined, cannot be transferred. (e) A mere right to sue cannot be transferred. (f) A public office cannot be transferred, nor can the salary of a public officer, whether before or after it has become payable. (g) Stipends allowed to military, naval, air-force and civil pensioners of the Government and political pensions cannot be transferred. (h) No transfer can be made, (I) in so far as it is opposed to the nature of the interest affected thereby, or (2) 20[for an unlawful object or consideration within the meaning of section 23 of the Contract Act, 1872,] or (3) to a person legally disqualified to be transferee. (i) 21[Nothing in this section shall be deemed to authorize a tenant having an untransferable right of occupancy, the farmer of an estate in respect of which default has been made in paying revenue or the lessee of an estate under the management of a Court of Wards, to assign his interest as such tenant, farmer or lessee. ]
Iqbal International Law Services®
Phone: 0333-2171556
Site Admin
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: Karachi, Pakistan

Return to Property Law

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest